Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I Want An iPhone!

... but I can't get one. Well, I can, but I don't want to switch carrier. I kinda like the plan and service I have now with T-Mobile. Of course as we all know by now, the iPhone 4S will be available to AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint, but no T-Mobile. That sucks.

I know Apple don't need me as a customer. I already bought, a long time ago, the iPod Classic. As of now, the contract on my Blackberry is up (and has been for a few months). If the iPhone were released on T-Mobile, I would have switched to it, AND bought an iPad on the same day. It was that easy.

But now, with no indication of an iPhone for T-Mobile anytime soon, and of course, with the possibility that big bad AT&T acquiring T-Mobile for no good reason other than to wipe out its only GSM competition, I am re-evaluating my plans. I may just get a mid-price Andriod phone and stick with it for the next 2 years. If AT&T gets its way and buys T-Mobile, I'll just jump to a different carrier at the end of the contract period. Maybe by then, Verizon's iPhone will also have GSM capability, or at least can easily switch to the GSM band that I can use outside of the US.

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment