Friday, October 14, 2011

1-612-206-0449

I got a phone call this morning, on my cell phone, no less, with that caller ID number.

Now, I highly doubt that this is a valid number, or if this is the actual number of the 'scam artist'. The recording says that I can lower my interest rate on my credit cards, and to press "1" if I wish to speak to a representative. Sure, I pressed "1". It range for a few seconds, and then someone with a heavy .... er .... how shall I say this, "ghetto" accent answered and started mumbling some incoherent standard message. I asked him if he knows if my number was dialed randomly, or from a database. He replied but I could barely understood he said due to the slurring of his words, as if he just got up from sleep! I asked him to repeat what he just said, and of course, you can guess it. He hung up!

This is not the first time that has happened, and I'm sure many people have had this. I smells like a scam, and at some point, my guess is that this person would like info on your credit cards so that they can give you a lower interest rates. Sure, and I just rolled off the back of a turnip truck!

If you do a search on this number, you would have encountered many similar complaints about it, such as this. It is freaking annoying that, since they can hide behind some spoofed or fake numbers, one can't do much about it (even reporting due to violation of the Do-No-Call registry). Still, reporting it is all you can do.

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment