Thursday, April 1, 2010

Blackberry Users More Likely To Defect

An interesting survey of mobile phone users.

Conducted by the online market researchers Crowd Science, the survey results show that Research in Motion (RIMM) BlackBerry users are more likely to abandon the brand than iPhone or Android users. When asked of the likelihood of buying a particular brand of cell phone or smartphone if the purchase was made the following day, 39% of BlackBerry owners said they "definitely or probably would" nab an iPhone. And roughly one-third of the participants claimed they'd snatch up an Android phone.


That's kinda prophetic. I'm a Blackberry user (Bold 9700), and while I do love the phone (finally, a 3G connection on T-Mobile!), I think I've outgrown it. About a month ago, I decided to really look at Nexus One. If it weren't for the silly contract on the phone service, I would have switched over to that. So while I didn't participate in this survey (no one called!), it reflects what I would have done.

If RIM doesn't get their act together, they might end up the same way all the big dinosaurs ended up simply by relying on their existing market share.

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment