Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Last Night In The City

We had just spent our last night at the old apartment, where we had lived for the past 16 1/2 years. Starting tonight, we will be living at our new home in the 'burbs.

It was bitter sweet this morning as I drive into work heading south on North Lake Shore Drive. The sun hadn't risen yet over the horizon, but there was already pink and red hues in the sky. I've always wanted to wake up early one fine morning and ride to the lakefront to snap some pictures, but never got around to it. Now, it's probably too late. I savored that last early morning drive by the lake.

Oh sure, I'll miss the city. But I'm at the point in my life where I just want to get away from the city noise, and more importantly, have a quiet backyard large enough for ample outdoor living and entertaining, not to mention, gardening. Priorities change, and mine certainly have. That's why we make our choices, and different choices, at different stages of our lives.

I'm now officially in suburbia.

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment