Tuesday, March 17, 2009

No Decaf After Noon

Nothing fits better into this blogs intention of life's amusing musing than this blog entry.

I was at a Target store last Saturday in Niles, Illinois (6150 W Touhy Ave. Niles). On the way into the store, I notice that they had a Starbucks, so I stopped over to get a decaf coffee (I only drink decaf coffee nowadays, even their latte). After I asked for a grande decaf coffee, I was told by the person behind the counter that they do not serve decaf coffee after 12:00 noon.

WHAAAAAT????!!!!!!

I thought I heard or understood things wrongly, so I repeated something like "You stop serving decaf coffee after Noon?". And yup, I got the confirmation. I then proceeded to say thank you and walk away.

Now, obviously this is not a common policy of Starbucks. I know for a fact that I can get decaf coffee any time I want at the Starbucks in my neighborhood. The many times I've been in many different Starbucks in the city (and across the country), there was never any thing resembling a policy of not serving decaf coffee after Noon. So it is my strong suspicion that this silly policy is only unique to this particular Starbucks.

{Aside: I also do not know if this is an actual Starbucks, or only one of those that serve Starbucks coffee and other items, but not really a full-blown Starbucks}.

Now, obviously they can make whatever policy they want, but think of the rational behind this. One would think that, of all things, you WANT to start serving decaf coffee later in the day. That's when people are trying to wind down, and especially in the early evening, if they want coffee and still be able to sleep, they'd want decaf coffee. It is in the morning that, if they don't serve decaf, it would have understandable, since almost everyone want that caffeine jolt.

My friend who was with me suggested that I ask for a decaf latte, since they have to grind the beans anyway. I said no. If they are that dumb in making such policy, then I definitely don't want to give them any of my money.

I wonder who decided to do something like this....

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment