Sunday, September 19, 2021

Songs That I'm Embarrass To Admit That I Like - Part 1

Oh c'mon! I'm sure you have those songs that you are too embarrass to admit that you either like or listen to in secret!

I will say even though I'm embarrass by it, that I have quite a list of tunes that I kinda like, but won't admit to it. But since we are all here among strangers (😁), I will say it here. I intend to do this as a series, so this is only Part 1 of this whole torture.

The first one that I will be more than embarrass to admit that I used to groove to is this disco tune from the 70's (that's 1970's for you millennials) by Lime called "Your Love".

 

Look, it's silly, it's downright hokey, the lyrics are forgettable.... but damn it, I found the hook "Your love, your love is never changing..... Your love, your love is always rising...." catchy like hell when I first heard it (as a teenager). And of course, when it was played loud on the dance floor, who gave a damn about the silly and simplistic lyrics?

Now that I'm a respected adult and have a more refined taste in things, I don't listen to this tune that much. But yes, it is on my iTunes list. I paid $0.99 for it way back then. And every now and then, I do crank it up loud on my Marshall bluetooth speaker and reminisce about my long-lost youth.

Zz.

No comments:

Post a Comment